We are looking for one to two greenhouse workers to join our operation this coming season! This is a rewarding job to learn about production agriculture focusing on greenhouse horticulture. Greenhouse workers are vital to the operation’s many greenhouses and high tunnels for propagation and vegetable production.
Download Official Job Posting: Job Posting – Greenhouse Worker
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Production Work: Seeding, transplanting, weeding and crop care (irrigation, pruning, trellising, etc.) using tools, small equipment and by hand
- Harvest & Pack Shed Work: Harvesting efficiently, safely and consistently, rinsing, bunching and packaging products, cleaning and sanitizing harvest containers and tools
- Adhering to farm protocols and policies, which include food safety, farm safety, organic certification, and animal welfare standards
- Communicating with manager and supervisors daily regarding work needs
- Attending farmer’s markets when needed
- Other farm duties as required
- Prior organic vegetable experience is preferred but not required
- Physically fit; able to bend for long periods of time, lift items up to 20kg
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude throughout long days of physical, repetitive work in all weather conditions
- Able to take direction, learn quickly, ask for help and clarity as needed, and accept and act on constructive feedback
- Ability to work well in both a group setting and independently
- Takes initiative and pays attention to detail and quality
- Able to work in all weather conditions (rain, sun, or snow)
- Flexible; able to adapt to shifting priorities and conditions and help out where needed including extended hours and weekend/holiday work
- Reliable means of transport required
- Basic English language required
Reports to: Greenhouse Manager
Status: Hourly, overtime-exempt
Schedule: Seasonal; approximately 35-45 hours/week March to November with possibility of extension/year-round work
Start date: Early to mid March 2023
Location: Krestova, BC (main), Tarrys, BC (secondary)
Compensation: $18.00-$21/hour, in line with experience and qualifications
Benefits: Farm stand/market discount, produce seconds, extended health benefits package
Please email job package (cover letter and resume) to email@example.com with “Position title: Your Name” in subject. Include in your cover letter; your passion for agriculture, what you are hoping to learn/achieve and how you fit this position. Please include contact details for at least two professional references, (they will not be contacted without your permission).
If you are interested in other open positions, please submit one application and indicate interested positions in your email.
Applications will be reviewed as they’re received, so we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible. Positions remain open until filled. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
While we invite all applications, only those selected for an interview may be contacted.