We are looking for a farm-hand responsible for attending and running our weekly markets in Nelson and Castlegar. This position will focus on delivering product to market, setting up the display, selling to customers, distributing CSA boxes and maintaining market supplies. The candidate should have experience in farming or food-handling and customer service and sales experience is an asset. This is a rewarding outdoor job to interact with and feed your community. While up to the candidate this position may be part-time (markets only) or full-time with other work on the farm. This market lead position is essential for production; the candidate must commit to a full season of employment.
Download Official Job Posting: LLF22 – Job Posting – Market Lead
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Availability on-demand in case of emergency situations regarding markets
- Transportation and display of products at market. Customer service and sales
- Record-keeping and market supply maintenance
- Online order fufilments
- Adhering to farm protocols and policies, which include food safety, farm safety and organic certification
- Communicating with managers
- Other farm duties as required
- At least some food handling or farm experience. Customer service and sales experience is an asset, but not necessary.
- Ability to work fast and smart while taking direction with a positive and constructive attitude
- Ability to work well in both a group setting and independently
- Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule with possible extended hours and weekend work
- Strong prioritizing and time management skills
- Takes initiative and pays attention to detail and quality
- Physically fit, able to bend for long periods of time, lift items up to 20kg
- Ability to work in all weather conditions (rain, sun, or snow)
- Must have reliable means of transport; active class 5 drivers’ license
This position can be part-time (less than 32hrs/week) or full-time depending on the candidate’s needs. June until November
Work schedule: TBD, Markets average 8-10hr days (2/week). Regular farm days 8hrs.
Potential days off: Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays
Compensation: $17.00-19.00/hour depending on experience. Access to farm vegetable seconds.
Please email your job package (cover letter and resume) to email@example.com
Deadline to Apply: February 12th, 2022.
While we invite all applications, only those selected for an interview may be contacted.