We are looking for one or multiple weekend farm stand cashiers/ watering staff to join our operation this season! This is a rewarding outdoor job to learn about production agriculture focusing on horticulture. This role helps connect our customers to their produce while providing the community with top-notch customer service.
Download Official Job Posting: Job Posting – Weekend Farm Stand Cashier / Waterer
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Farm Stand Work: Restocking and display of products, customer service, point-of-sale system, maintaining market materials, record keeping, cash management
- Watering: Turning on/off valves dependant on schedule and hand watering transplants in nursery
- (Optional) Production Work: Seeding, transplanting, weeding and crop care (irrigation, pruning, trellising, etc.) using tools, small equipment and by hand
- (Optional) Harvest & Pack Shed Work: Harvesting efficiently, safely and consistently, rinsing, bunching and packaging products, cleaning and sanitizing harvest containers and tool
- Communicating with manager and supervisors daily regarding work needs
- Attending farmer’s markets when needed
- Other farm duties as required
- Experience in customer service or sales, food handling, or agriculture preferably in vegetable production
- Physically fit; able to stand and bend for long periods of time, lift items up to 20kg
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude throughout long days of physical, repetitive work in all weather conditions
- Able to take direction, learn quickly, ask for help and clarity as needed, and accept and act on constructive feedback
- Ability to work well in both a group setting and independently
- Takes initiative and pays attention to detail and quality
- Able to work in all weather conditions (rain, sun, or snow)
- Flexible; able to adapt to shifting priorities and conditions and help out where needed including extended hours and weekend/holiday work
- Reliable means of transport
- Basic English language required
Reports to: Production Manager
Status: Hourly, overtime-exempt
Schedule: Seasonal; approximately 8-24 hours/week June to October
Start date: May
Location: Krestova, BC
Compensation: $19-$23/hour, in line with experience and qualifications
Benefits: Farm stand/market discount, produce seconds
Please email job package (cover letter and resume) to email@example.com with “Position title: Your Name” in subject. Include in your cover letter; your passion for agriculture, what you are hoping to learn/achieve and how you fit this position. Please include contact details for at least two professional references, (they will not be contacted without your permission).
If you are interested in other open positions, please submit one application and indicate interested positions in your email.
Applications will be reviewed as they’re received, so we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible. Positions remain open until filled. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
While we invite all applications, only those selected for an interview may be contacted.