We are looking for a student farm hand to join our operation this coming season! This is a rewarding outdoor job for high school students to gain work experience and learn about production agriculture focusing on horticulture. This position is dependent on receiving wage compensation through the Columbia Basin Trust’s Student Summer Works program.
Download Official Job Posting: LLF20 – Job Posting – Student Farm Hand
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Harvesting, cleaning, and bunching products
- Adhering to farm protocols and policies, which include food safety, farm safety, organic certification, and animal welfare standards
- Tending to and harvesting of greenhouse crops
- Weeding with tools and hands
- Other farm duties as required
- Must be enrolled in high school or college full-time.
- Ability to work fast and smart while taking direction with a positive and constructive attitude
- Ability to work well in both a group setting and independently
- Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule with possible extended hours and weekend work
- Strong prioritizing and time management skills
- Takes initiative
- Attention to detail and quality
- Physically fit, able to bend for long periods of time, lift items up to 20kg
- Ability to work in all weather conditions (rain, sun, or snow)
- Must have reliable means of transport
- Preferably some farm work experience
This position will lead to full-time work as the season progresses.
Duration: This position will start as early as June 30th and progress until September 1st.
Work schedule: TBD, typically 40 hours/week with flexibility to permit weekend work as needed.
Potential days off: Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays
Compensation: $14.25-15/hour depending on experience.
Please email your job package (cover letter and resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to Apply: April 20, 2020
While we invite all applications, only those selected for an interview may be contacted.