Orders are shipped via Canada Post. Please contact us if you would like a quote for shipping of qualifying products. If you would like to use another service provider please contact us at email@example.com.
Please allow a reasonable time for orders to reach you. If you feel your order has been unduly delayed, please check with your local post office before contacting us.
We are unable to ship all plant products outside of Canada, however other items such as tools and clothing may qualify for international shipping.
Oversize Postal Surcharge
Due to the weight and/or dimensions of some products, those products incur an additional postal surcharge. That surcharge is indicated on the product page and is added to your order upon checkout.
Shipping Times of Perishable Plant Products
We do our best to ensure that you receive your product at the proper time for planting.
- Perishable plant products requiring spring planting including asparagus crowns, bare root cane-fruits and strawberry crowns will begin shipping in late March/early April, commencing with customers located in the higher hardiness zones.
- Herb plugs are shipped April to July dependant on cold hardiness and availability.
- Sweetpotato slips are shipped in June to avoid chilling injury during transport.
- Seed garlic will begin shipping in mid-September commencing with customers located in the lower hardiness zones.
- For those ordering after these shipping dates, you can expect delivery arrival approximately two to three weeks after you have placed your order (most locations) unless we consider it still too early or late for your region.
Customers who are residents of Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec, and the Territories pay 5% GST. Customers from Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and P.E.I. pay 15% HST and customers from Ontario pay 13% HST. GST/HST is payable on all items including shipping, handling and surcharges except zero-rated items.
Revenue Canada does not require GST/HST on zero-rated (0%) items such as ‘basic groceries’ including fresh vegetables and fruits, and ‘agricultural products’ such as fertilizers and large quantities of seeds. GST/HST must be collected on fruiting plants, clothing, tools and other products.
Due to our business sizing category, we are not required to charge or remit BC PST taxes. Many of the items we sell are PST exempt in British Columbia including fresh produce, fruiting plants, and agricultural products. It is up to our customers to declare their local governing PST for qualifying items such as clothing and tools.