Orders available for shipping are shipped via Canada Post.
Our website calculates some of the available shipping prices, however due to the variations in sizes, weights and shipment conditions between products, certain products will require a shipping quote after checkout. If your order qualifies for shipping at checkout but requires a shipping quote, you can select “SHIP QUOTE” to complete your order, which notifies us of your quote inquiry. Please contact us if you have not received your quote within 5 business days after placing your order.
If you would like to use another service provider other than Canada Post it is your responsibility to organize the shipment and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the details.
Please allow a reasonable time for orders to reach you. If you feel your order has been unduly delayed, please check with your local post office before contacting us. During the current situation, Canada Post is not guaranteeing delivery times so we are offering a range of shipping options for most locations based on our recommendations for live plant product survival.
We are unable to ship all plant products outside of Canada, however other items such as tools and clothing may qualify for an international shipping quote.
Oversize Postal Surcharge
Due to the weight and/or dimensions of some products, those products incur an additional postal surcharge. That surcharge is indicated on the product page and is added to your order upon checkout.
Shipping Times of Perishable Plant Products
We do our best to ensure that you receive your product at the proper time for planting.
- Perishable plant products requiring spring planting including asparagus crowns, bare root cane-fruits and strawberry crowns will begin shipping in late March/early April, commencing with customers located in the higher hardiness zones.
- Herb plugs are shipped April to July dependant on cold hardiness and availability.
- Sweetpotato slips are shipped in June to avoid chilling injury during transport.
- Seed garlic will begin shipping in mid-September commencing with customers located in the lower hardiness zones.
- For those ordering after these shipping dates, you can expect delivery arrival approximately two to three weeks after you have placed your order (most locations) unless we consider it still too early or late for your region.
Customers who are residents of Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec, and the Territories pay 5% GST. Customers from Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and P.E.I. pay 15% HST and customers from Ontario pay 13% HST. GST/HST is payable on all items including shipping, handling and surcharges except zero-rated items.
Revenue Canada does not require GST/HST on zero-rated (0%) items such as ‘basic groceries’ including fresh vegetables and fruits, and ‘agricultural products’ such as fertilizers and large quantities of seeds. GST/HST must be collected on fruiting plants, clothing, tools and other products.
Due to our business sizing category, we are not required to charge or remit BC PST taxes. Many of the items we sell are PST exempt in British Columbia including fresh produce, fruiting plants, and agricultural products. It is up to our customers to declare their local governing PST for qualifying items such as clothing and tools.