We are looking for a manager to operate daily tasks inside our greenhouses. Experience in organic vegetable production, specifically greenhouse production is required. This is a rewarding outdoor/indoor job to learn new production practices and develop management skills. GH Manager will oversee greenhouse vegetable, transplant and nursery stock production in 2 heated greenhouses and 9 unheated tunnels. This greenhouse manager position is essential for production; the candidate must commit to a full season of employment.
Download Official Job Posting: LLF22 – Job Posting – GH Manager
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Availability on-demand in case of emergency situations regarding greenhouse production
- Sowing, planting, weeding and tending (irrigation, pruning, trellising, etc.) of greenhouse crops using tools, small equipment and by hand
- Harvesting, cleaning, and bunching products
- Record keeping and scheduling
- Adhering to farm protocols and policies, which include food safety, farm safety, organic certification, and animal welfare standards
- Communicating with other managers regarding work needs to complete their responsible tasks
- Attending farmers markets when needed
- Other farm duties as required
- At least one season working on a farm, focusing on organic practices and greenhouse production
- Ability to work fast and smart while taking direction with a positive and constructive attitude
- Ability to work well in both a group setting and independently
- Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule with possible extended hours and weekend work
- Strong prioritizing and time management skills
- Takes initiative and pays attention to detail and quality
- Physically fit, able to bend for long periods of time, lift items up to 20kg
- Ability to work in all weather conditions (rain, sun, or snow)
- Must have reliable means of transport; active class 5 drivers’ license
This position will lead to full-time work as the season progresses. Duration: February until November.
Work schedule: TBD, typically 45 hours/week with flexibility to permit weekend work as needed.
Potential days off: Saturdays, Sundays
Compensation: $34,200-43,200 annual salary depending on experience. Access to farm vegetable seconds.
Please email your job package (cover letter and resume) to email@example.com.
Deadline to Apply: January 14th, 2022
While we invite all applications, only those selected for an interview may be contacted.