We are looking for a manager to operate daily tasks in our field vegetables. Experience in organic vegetable production is required. This is a rewarding outdoor job to learn new production practices and develop management skills. This field manager position is essential for production; candidate must commit to a full season of employment.
Download Official Job Posting: LLF19 – Job Posting – FC Manager
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Availability on-demand in case of emergency situations regarding field crop production
- Sowing, planting, weeding and tending (irrigation, pruning, trellising, etc.) of field crops using tools, small equipment and by hand
- Harvesting, cleaning, and bunching products
- Adhering to farm protocols and policies, which include food safety, farm safety, organic certification, and animal welfare standards
- Communicating with other managers daily regarding work needs
- Attending farmers markets when needed
- Other farm duties as required
- At least one season working on a farm, focusing on organic practices and vegetable production
- Ability to work fast and smart while taking direction with a positive and constructive attitude
- Ability to work well in both a group setting and independently
- Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule with possible extended hours and weekend work
- Strong prioritizing and time management skills
- Takes initiative and pays attention to detail and quality
- Physically fit, able to bend for long periods of time, lift items up to 20kg
- Ability to work in all weather conditions (rain, sun, or snow)
- Must have reliable means of transport; active class 5 drivers’ licence
This position will lead to full-time work as the season progresses. Duration: April until October.
Work schedule: TBD, typically 40 hours/week with flexibility to permit weekend work as needed.
Potential days off: Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays
Compensation: $15.00-17.00/hour depending on experience.
Please email your job package (cover letter and resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to Apply: March 15th, 2019.
While we invite all applications, only those selected for an interview may be contacted.