We are looking for a couple of farm-hands to join our operation this coming season! This is a rewarding outdoor job to learn about production agriculture focusing on horticulture. Farm hands are the heart of the operation and gain experience in all production methods.
We are also looking for three qualifying farm-hand leads for 2022. Take a look at these positions if you believe you could be a fit for a higher responsibility farm hand role in the orchard/nursery, harvest/post-harvest or at markets.
Download Official Job Posting: LLF22 – Job Posting – Farm Hand
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Sowing, planting, weeding and tending of crops (field and greenhouse) using tools, small equipment and by hand
- Harvesting, cleaning, and bunching products
- Adhering to farm protocols and policies, which include food safety, farm safety, organic certification, and animal welfare standards
- Communicating with manager daily regarding fieldwork needs
- Attending farmers markets when needed
- Other farm duties as required
- Ability to work fast and smart while taking direction with a positive and constructive attitude
- Ability to work well in both a group setting and independently
- Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule with possible extended hours and weekend work
- Strong prioritizing and time management skills
- Takes initiative and pays attention to detail and quality
- Physically fit, able to bend for long periods of time, lift items up to 20kg
- Ability to work in all weather conditions (rain, sun, or snow)
- Must have reliable means of transport
- Preferably some farm work experience
This position will lead to full-time work as the season progresses. Duration: April until October.
Work schedule: TBD, typically 40 hours/week with flexibility to permit weekend work as needed.
Potential days off: Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays
Compensation: $15.20-19.00/hour depending on experience.
Please email your job package (cover letter and resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to Apply: March 19th, 2022.
While we invite all applications, only those selected for an interview may be contacted.